Becoming a Member
Membership in Launchpad is by invitation only. Individuals interested in becoming members should speak to an existing member or contact Christopher Mirabile or Ham Lord.
Candidates for Launchpad Venture Group membership must:
- qualify as an “accredited investor” as defined under Rule 501 of the SEC regulations, which currently defines an individual accredited investor as: “Any natural person whose individual net worth or joint net worth with that person’s spouse at the time of his purchase exceeds $1,000,000”; OR “Any natural person who had an individual income in excess of $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with that person’s spouse in excess of $300,000 in each of those years and has a reasonable expectation of reaching the same income level in the current year;”
- be located close enough to the Boston area to attend Launchpad meetings and contribute to the Launchpad community;
- be sponsored by a current member or one of Launchpad’s Managing Directors;
- agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Launchpad Membership Agreement;
- pay the one-time initiation fee and annual membership fee.
Launchpad Venture Group Member Bill of Rights
- Launchpad members have a right to be presented superior investment opportunities, gathered from the widest variety sources, and well-screened to make the best use of members’ investment review time.
- Launchpad members have a right to the highest probability of superior returns through insightful group discussion and penetrating and efficient group diligence of investment opportunities.
- Launchpad members have a right to be exposed to excellent networking with a talented, experienced, passionate, resourceful group of people.
- Launchpad members have a right to unparalleled service & respect for their time including:
- crisp meetings which start on time and end on time;
- concise communications and interactions including use of groupware and collaboration tools to enhance efficiency and reduce email traffic wherever possible; and
- assistance from group leads to help make them successful.
Expectations of Launchpad Venture Group Members
Launchpad members are expected to adhere to Launchpad Venture Group’s “Code of Conduct” outlined in the membership agreement, which includes the following elements:
- An unwavering respect for the entrepreneur's time, commitment and ideas, without which our investment opportunities would be fewer;
- A service mentality, focused on helping entrepreneurs, without whom our investment opportunities would be fewer;
- Respect for fellow members’ time and differing viewpoints and openness to different views and healthy rigorous debate;
- A requirement that feedback be couched in helpful constructive language not unduly harsh criticism;
- Honesty and openness in dealings with members of the Launchpad community;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn;
- A commitment to the greater entrepreneurial community demonstrated by a willingness to assist in non-financial ways;
- An agreement to respect the privacy of other members and not provide their name or membership to any third party without their permission;
- An acknowledgement that Launchpad meetings and communications are focused on investment pursuits and an agreement not to solicit another member for business;
- An agreement to disclose to the group any relationship you have or may have with a presenting company, including any personal gain you may receive from the company.